Monday, February 12, 2007

An open heart.

THE DAILY GROOVE ~ by Scott Noellewww.enjoyparenting.com/dailygroove:: The Power of an Open Heart ::Think of something that always opens your heart.It can be anything: an uplifting story or movie, aninspiring song or poem, a glorious sunset, a majesticforest, a beloved friend's embrace, a purringkitten... You get the idea.Now contemplate it vividly until you actually *feel*your heart opening. Pay close attention to thatexpansive feeling in your chest, and try to "memorize"it. (For some, the feeling may be quite subtle atfirst.)Repeat this process until you can easily recall thefeeling of your heart being wide open.Next, set the intention that -- for one full day --you'll deliberately reach for that open-heart feeling*before* you do or say anything to your child...every time.This is not about being "nice." You can say "no" withyour heart wide open and it'll feel like a yes!Let go of all pre-conceived ideas of what an openheart is. Remember it's the *feeling* you're reaching for. http://dailygroove.net/open-heart

I just love this, and the very first moment that I thought was when my husband I reunited at Tendaba Camp in TG. We were returning from a week in the villages and I had not seen him since the previous week. Our bus pulled up and I saw him standing amoung a bunch of other volunteers. The second he saw me through the bus window his face lit up. For some reason, this one moment in time has been permanently etched in my mind and after reading this (above) I instantly reflected to this moment in life. That *one* look said it all to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment